Tuesday, October 12, 2010

B is for Badminton

Kara touched briefly on the topic of badminton (and stole the good photos!) in an earlier post, but considering the amount of time we spend playing, I think the topic of badminton deserves its own post.

B-boy loves badminton. Every day he asks to play. He'll ask his dad or his mom or his opa or me. He'll finish up with one partner and move on to another, if he can find one. Jake readily volunteers to play with Bentley, but Bentley says Jake is not good enough, although if Bentley is desperate for a partner he will play with Jake. Viva has shown no interest in badminton.

It's cold outside now, but that does not deter Bentley. He puts on gloves and the game goes on. The other day while we were playing I told him that while he is gone to Mexico, I'm going to practice and become really good. (This was my idea of intimidating the opposition.) His take on my comment? "Good, then you can get the birdie to me better." Huh?

When I first introduced him to badminton he had a hard time remembering the name for the birdie. His brain filed away "duck" instead of birdie. He would ask me if we could play the game with the duck. I'd look at him completely baffled--"Game with a duck? What game with a duck?"

No comments: