Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Celebrating DAD!

My belated Father's Day post.  :-)

Matt had to travel for work on Father's Day this year, so we celebrated a day early.  The children got him some presents that were great for him AND them:

1) M&Ms - to help him eat
2) a camping air mattress - to encourage him to keep going out with them
3) legos - to build with them

They have good taste, right?!

I tried interviewing them about their Father.  Some of them (one of them?!) was more verbose than the others.  Ah well.  Here's what they had to say.

I asked Jake what he likes to do with his Dad.  He said:

"I like that Daddy builds legos.  I like playing games and going camping with Daddy."

Jake can be a man of few words, so that was that from Jake.

Next up was Viva.  She is not a girl of few words, but she is one who refuses to engage when asked to.  Ah well.  Here's what she had to say about Dad:

"I like to play with him.  And then play with him more."

I prompted her for details.  So she added:

"I like reading books with him, and I like when he gives me M&Ms."

I finished off with Bentley.  His thoughts:

"I like to play with legos with Daddy, play outside with him, and go on adventures.  Daddy likes to play with us, work, and eat chocolate chip cookies.  I like that Daddy is silly and builds things with me."

And there you have it.  The thoughts of the little tikes.

Here they are opening gifts on our Saturday Father's Day:

 



No comments: