Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Splash Passion



Playing in the rain with umbrellas!

The twins received umbrellas for their birthday. The trio had long coveted umbrellas from the kids' department at Walmart. I didn't think they'd get a lot of use out of umbrellas, so I whenever the trio asked me to buy them, I said no. However, in June I was stuck for birthday gift ideas for the twins and so I found myself buying umbrellas. I also purchased one for their big brother since it's rather hard to share an umbrella while dancing in the rain.

The children played with their umbrellas inside. One time Bentley and Viva went outside and tried them under the sprinkler, but that wasn't a total success since sprinklers shoot water from below up. You can get water under the umbrella. Bentley did not like that.

Finally this past Sunday we had a nice rainstorm. Viva grabbed her umbrella and headed outside. She had to talk her less adventuresome twin into joining her. Her older brother was taking a (highly unusual for him) nap while the action was going down.

No comments: