Friday, July 15, 2011

No! No! Absolutely NOT!

I was driving with the three kidlets and an ad came on the radio for a contest giving away airline miles. The announcer said you can use them for a vacation, to visit family or friends, or even to go on a honeymoon. "What's a honeymoon?" Jake asked. I told him it's a vacation couples take right after they get married. He then told me that he and Viva would go on a honeymoon after they got married.

I told the kid that he could not marry his twin sister. It's not legal. He took the news well, but Viva did not. "I am, too, going to marry Jake!" Bentley suggested to her that she could marry Patrick instead. (A friend of the twins who is also a twin.) "No! I only want to marry Jake."

The topic came up again a few days later when Jake during one of his meltdowns announced that he did not like anyone in our house. Viva asked him "But Jake aren't we going to get married?" "No!" Once again Viva was upset. Bentley once more tried to pacify her: "I'll marry you, Viva."

We have a few years to straighten them out on this topic.

No comments: