Monday, September 26, 2011

Friday Night at the Bookstore

What is one of our favorite places to visit? The bookstore! All three children love to visit bookstores as do all the adults in the house. We were all very sad when Borders closed earlier this year. Every time I drive by where their store was I'm reminded of our loss. We still have a Barnes and Noble in town, but it's not close to our home and their prices aren't that great, so it's not a store we visit that often. Matt has taken the children there when he has one-on-one daddy time and they love it.

The book store we visited on Friday was a used book store, Title Wave. It's huge and--best of all--I have oodles of credit there, so we can shop "for free". Mark and I took the boys there after dinner. I told the boys they could each pick out two books and then I left them with their opa while I went looking for mysteries.

I think we were tat the store for forty-five minutes or so. Mark will tell you it was longer, but we got there after eight and the store closed at nine. I stressed Bentley out by waiting until the last minute to check out. He was convinced they weren't going to let us get our books.

What books did the boys choose? Bentley wanted (yet another) drawing book. This time he chose a dinosaur drawing book. His second choice was a nonficiton book about reptiles. Jake also chose an animal drawing book (following his big brother's lead), but with a monkey on the cover. He told me it showed how to draw girl monkeys, too. (I think the monkey had a purple bow in her hair?) His second choice was a book about dinosaurs. We have lots of books about dinosaurs, but opa said he picked that book after being talked out of a book on football. (Huh?) Jake is rather random in his book choices. When we go to the library he's always the first one finished picking books...wait...maybe that's Viva. Maybe Jake is the slow one--always changing his mind? Whatever! The three kidlets love books and we love that about them.



No comments: