Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trick or Treat Town

Today the kids and I headed to midtown for a grand adventure:


Trick or Treat town! A local tradition, it features 80 or so "doors" set up inside a warehouse for the kids to get in some warm weather Halloween fun.

I remember (vaguely) attending when I was younger. I did not remember the CRAZY crowds! I had no idea so many young children live in Anchorage - I am convinced they were all in lines with us at this event! Being Alaskan means we're not used to lines, so the whole experience was a little surreal/crazy. The kids loved it though!

On the way to the event we stopped in to check out Opa's office (Opa's work place hosts the event):


Opa enthralled them with toys from his desk. :)

Next we snapped a picture of the crazed trick or treaters:


Then off we went! Here they are, still looking crazed, at the event:


The kids say we should go back next year. We'll see... maybe in a year I will have forgotten the crowds!

What about Lincoln, you ask? He stayed home with Grandma, Opa, amd Great-Grandma. Here he is, when I broke the news to him that ne was going to skip the festivities:


Maybe next year, buddy! I told him you really do need teeth to appreciate candy, so he still has a bit of time to go... :)

No comments: