Monday, December 19, 2011

Good Times Gone Bad

Here it is my favorite time of year, in fact, my favorite two weeks of the year: the two weeks before Christmas. And what happens?! The horrible, nasty, good-for-nothing, lousy, rotten stomach flu. It invaded the house and took out all the adults except great-grandma. (Her stomach is in great shape since she had that surgery last month!)

I went down on Thursday. I missed the boys gymnastics showcase. GRRR! Mark came home from work Friday and crashed with it. Matt and Kara held out until after Matt's work party Friday evening. Saturday was a sick day at the house. Matt picked his brother Tyler up at the airport and took the children up the hill and they had a great time at Grandpa Tim's & Grandma Karen's. Kara, who fortunately wasn't as ill, had to catch a ride up there to drive Matt and the boys home because Matt was too ill to drive. Viva stayed for hot tub time before reluctantly returning later in the evening. Sunday we all skipped church. Kara was feeling better, but not up to taking four children to church on her own. Kara drove the trio up the hill so they could keep their weekly Sunday evening date with Grandpa Tim & Grandma Karen.

Now it's Monday. Mark is recovered. Matt called in sick. I'm limping along (angrily!). Kara is working hard to keep everything going. She's feeling better, but not normal.

I am very glad to report that none of the children have taken ill. I'd think we had food poisoning, but we staggered our onsets too much. I want to be well again. I have activities I want to do with the children--more ornaments to make, more baking, and a 300 piece Christmas puzzle. Time is slipping away too fast.

No comments: