Thursday, December 22, 2011

More Portraits

I like to have photos to accompany my blog posts, but the pickings aren't always what I hope for. Sometimes I ask Kara to a take a photo for me, but she usually uses her iPhone and those photos aren't very good because the iPhone lacks a decent flash. If she takes a photo on her good camera, sometimes it never gets transferred from her camera to my computer. Mark can only take photos for me if he is home which he often is not since he goes to work most days.

I myself don't have a good, easy-to-use, digital camera. I'm not sure one exists. The digital cameras we've owned over the years are either too complicated (SLRs) for my taste or they are too slow. I was pretty good with a film camera and digital cameras (reasonably priced ones!) are not their equal even yet when it comes to speed. I like to click a photo and capture the moment I clicked, not a few moments later. GRRR!

So sometimes I lack good action photos to illustrate my posts. However, I do not lack lots of really good portrait photos of the children thanks to Mark's new portrait studio. So here's another portrait post to make up for the lack of action photos lately.








As you can see Bentley has been particularly cooperative lately. Mark says Jake has been hard to work with, but his photos don't reflect that. Viva has been a willing model, but since she isn't as comfortable with Lincoln and Jake won't work with her, there is just the one photo. I told Mark we need some twin shots next! After the Christmas photos, of course. Time is running out to get those done. I'm not looking forward to trying to get a shot of all four children. Babies are not fun to work with in groups. You can't bribe them with chocolate. You can't reason with them. Wish us luck. (I wonder if we have a doll that is Lincoln size?)

No comments: