Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Swim Time

The kids are taking swim lessons again.  So far, after day 1, lessons are a big hit!  I looked at a number of options, and we finally settled on trying out lessons with Northern Lights Swim Club.  I like that they meet twice a week, gives the kids a bit more time in the water than just once a week.

Yesterday was day one and we showed up very early so we could figure out parking at UAA.  What fun!  $4 for 2 hours.  Yuck.  In any case, we made it to the pool with plenty of time to spare.  So of course I pulled out my phone and told the kids to say cheese:


They look excited, right?!

There were somewhere between 20 and 30 little kids (too many for me to count!), and probably 10 different instructors.  They divide the kids out into groups by age and skill level and go from there.  Because mine were among the only who've had SOME lessons, they got one-on-one evaluation time for their first lesson to determine which groups they should be in.


This first session is 7 weeks, I am excited to see what type of progress my little fish can make!  Bentley asked me, after class, how long class is.  I informed it is twice a week for 7 weeks.  He almost had a breakdown, he told me he doesn't want it to end.  After 1 lesson he seems adamant that he intends to swim every week all year long.  This would be the group to do that with, they are a swim team that offers swim lessons and not just a group that offers swim lessons!

But.... I told him we'd have to think on that one.  There are only so many hours in the day, after all!  But I'm glad we're off to a good start.

No comments: