Thursday, November 08, 2007

Bentley's Art Project

This past weekend Bentley and I went on an excursion to a toddler craft fair at a local church. I know I was being a bit optmistic thinking he would participate as he's still a bit on the young side, but I decided to give it a try anyway for the sake of new experiences.

It took me almost 30 minutes to drag him away from the basketball hoop in the front room... he was enthralled. I tried reminding him we have a hoop at home - but this one looked different, it had different balls, and it had lots of other kids around it, too. I couldn't compete with my logical arguments.

I did finally convince him to check out the different craft projects. He was interested in watching a number of them, but not too interested in getting involved - except for at the bookmark booth! Bentley made a bookmark for his Dad, and it was funny to see how adamant he was about the particular layout of his collage items. I was in charge of glueing them down and ended up scolded a few times when I wasn't paying close enough attention to layout. :-)

Without further ado, here's the masterpiece:


(I tried to dissuade him from throwing an alphabet letter in with the geometric shapes, but his artistic passion wanted nothing to do with my advice!)

No comments: