Friday, September 18, 2009

Conversations & Odd Phrases

Viva is going through a princess phase (or is it a lifestyle?!). A particular favorite that she likes is Sleeping Beauty. She, however, pronounces this as Sleeping Booty. We love it! What I don't love so much? Her mispronunciation of wicked witch to a more unfortunate label... :-)

Bentley can be rather literal sometimes. Last weekend he was helping me carry some paint cans down to the crawl space. He looked like he was working hard so I said: "Bentley, are you okay there"?? He told me: "I'm just fine, Mom, it's this can of paint that isn't. It's a bit too heavy"!

Bentley & Jake, obsessing (the norm around here) about the jean supply (it's a very sad day when they have to wear other pants - they would like to stay in jeans 24x7).

Bentley: "Jake – you only have one more pair of jeans and then you’ll have to wear other pants!"
Jake: "No, I wear Daddy’s jeans"
Bentley: "you can’t wear Daddy’s jeans, they’re too tall for you"
Jake: "oh... ! Mommy, do laundry!"

Jake, excited at the prospect of wearing underwear like Bentley, calls it... : "wonderware"!

I love it. These children come up with some great conversation!

No comments: