Friday, June 08, 2012

Hi ho, hi ho... back to the pool we go

 Swimming seems so much easier when it's warm out.... :)  Since the swimming pool is not outside (duh!) I'm not sure exactly WHY this is, I guess it's a simple as the lack of clothes over the boys swim gear and the bulky coats to cart along.

In any case, we're back to swimming!  I want proficient little fish before the kids head off to Mexico in the fall, so we're doing two "summer intensive" swim units.

Bentley has made great strides.  He can swim about 10 feet on his own and is working on learning the crawl stroke right now.

Jake and Viva are making progress.  They are working on their "water comfort" and are just starting to push off from the wall, towards someone.  I'm hopeful they will make big jumps forward because once you realize you can tread water it's easy to gain confidence (in my 29 year old opinion - I understand the 4 year olds don't feel the same way necessarily!).

No comments: