Sunday, December 09, 2007

Custody of Snowmen Bobb

It's that time of year when you drag out all your Christmas decorations. I have a couple of lighted snowmen snow globes (named Snowmen Bobb) that I purchased in Frankenmuth, Michigan at Bronner's (the largest Christmas store in the world). Last year Bentley showed a marked preference for them. I told him that when he turned five, if he asked for them, he could have them. I figured he'd lose interest in them by then. (I quite like these snowmen!)


This Christmas season he has again favored them with marked attention. He insisted on taking them home one evening. I looked up Bronner's online to see about purchasing another pair, but they no longer carry them. Then this past week when Kara and I were at Fred Meyer's she spotted a similar item. I purchased two different ones. They looked similar in the package but once removed it became evident that they were not nearly as fine. The new snowmen had scarves that stuck out in back (very odd looking) and they only glowed in two colors--red and blue. !?! Bobb glows in four colors--including, of course, green. Bentley was not fooled by these snowmen. I returned them to Fred's later in the week. I shall just have to resign myself to handing my Bronner's pair over to Bentley in four more years. (Thankfully his birthday is in January, so I will get an extra year of custody!)

Here's another Christmas fun photo--Bentley rearranging my Christmas CDs. Evidently my arrangement was too...neat?


He doesn't seem to like Christmas music. He insists on playing his Fisher Price "Dance Baby Dance" CD that his great-grandmother gave him.

No comments: