Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween '08...


Is not a year that will go down in history as one with creative costumes. You win some, you lose some. Right?

I offered Bentley some choices - A knight (with a cool shield & sword), a frog, a dog, even Darth Vadar. Nothing swayed him. He told me he was not going to wear a costume.

Viva? Well... you probably read about her and the tutu.  We tried the tutu on again but she just wasn't digging it!

With 2 "out", I found some cute shirts (at my Mother's prompting!) at the store for them to wear as their "uniforms" for the day. At that point Jake threw in the towel too (although he was completely willing to be a man about it and wear the tutu for his sister) for the sake of conformity. To be more exact I should say his Mom threw in the costume towel for him. :-)





We went to a Halloween party in the afternoon at Matt's office, where Matt had the chance to try and feed his small children ice cream & oreos without making a huge mess. Matt lost that battle.

In the evening we let the kids get their entertainment by watching the trick or treaters who showed up at our door - with cold weather (I think I heard someone say 12 degrees?) I wasn't going to brave the outdoors! Next year? We'll see!

We tried to get a picture of the twins together. Earlier in the day (when they were all cooperative) I was using my small camera which takes forever between shots. So I kept just missing the right moment. :-) Here are the twins, with chocolate on their faces:


And to close this post out, here's Viva giving Jake a kiss: 


(Why so sweet?  Because we promised her more candy if she would give her brother a kiss, of course!)

1 comment:

Llama Wanderings said...

The chocolate on their faces reflects the day, not the parenting! :D Millikin's has chocolate all over her car seat to reflect on our day; we went trick or treating at a mega church that did trunk or treat for the public, and Millikins got a piece of chocolate on the way home.