Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Viva Speaks!


The past few days have brought some fun new words for Viva.  Please, water, cracker, doll, and cold.

It's no wonder she's learned cold, we've had the coldest week Alaska has seen in the past decade this month. Weather that reached -20 degrees. That's just not right, we're in Anchorage - not Fairbanks! But I digress.

Some other words that aren't so new but still favorites include mine, no, bye, baby, and night. She favors Mama, and uses it to identify both Matt & I. This irritates Matt as she is very capable of saying Dad, but she seems to get a kick out of calling him Mom. :-)

The most important new words of the day? Jake, & Bentley! Genevieve does a great job with Jake - a nice distinct J sound and a K sound. Jake has not returned the favor to Viva and identified her by name but perhaps he will some day soon!

When Bentley was little I thought there was something "wrong" with him. The parenting articles would go on about the stage where little kids are great mimics, and will copy whatever you say. Bentley never did that, but his cousin Felicity was awesome at it. I tried and tried, but he just wasn't into parroting. Jake won't do it either now, so I suspect it's a stubborn male thing. Luckily for me I also have a little girl so I have one mimic at least!

Why do I only share Viva's new words? Jake isn't so much into talking. He sticks to his favorite of "hold me" most of the time, although yesterday I did hear him mutter a "NO". :-)

No comments: