Saturday, June 13, 2009

Eating with the Twins

The twins maternal paternal great-grandparents are coming to visit in a few days. While Kara is looking forward to spending time with her grandparents, she is not looking forward to meal times en famille. The twins table etiquette needs a little work.

While we are thrilled that the twins like food (after Bentley this is such a major plus!), it is sometimes awkward trying to eat with them, Viva especially. They will come and beg--or demand--a taste (or good sized-portion) of whatever you are eating.

Take for instance this morning. I fed the children waffles. Then I sat down to enjoy my own breakfast of cereal and milk. Viva wanted to be held. Then she started plucking food from my cereal bowl. I asked her to keep her hands out of my bowl, but since she typically eats cereal with her fingers, I didn't have great success with my request.

Then Jake came over to demand a few bites. He loves cereal and milk and it mattered not that he'd just finished his breakfast of waffles. I eventually finished my meal--minus a few bites.

Their maternal maternal great-grandmother (who lives with us and co-owns the home) is their favorite target for food. I'm not sure why, but whenever great-grandma sits down to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack she gets extra attention from the twins. She's lost weight steadily since she moved in with us (seriously) and we do wonder if this is why.



So uroma and uropa--consider yourselves warned. Our casa may be your casa while you visit, but your plates are also the twins' plates!

No comments: