Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's Been a Bit!

Here are some of the odd things my children have said lately, that I want to remember.


I asked Viva to turn around, so I could check out her outfit for the day.  What did she tell me?  "You don't need to. I look perfect".


I love it!


Jake has been very talkative lately.  And, I have to admit, I like most of what he has to say.  "I like your earrings, they're pretty"!  "I love you LOTS Mommy", "Hey!  Listen to Me"! (he puts his face RIGHT in your face when he says that one".  Lastly?  When I yell into their room at night and ask them to quiet down he tells me "I'm working on sleeping!".


In the spirit of Halloween, the twins were providing some macabre humor recently.   Great-Grandma recently had a total knee replacement, and I was cautioning the kids that they need to be careful of her knee, so they don't make it bleed.  What did Viva tell me?  "I won't be nice.  I want to see her bleed"!!!  And just so I wouldn't think Viva is my only blood thirsty little urchin, the following day found Jake chasing her around shrieking "I want to cut you into little pieces"...


I promise.  They have NOT been watching horror flicks in their free time.  Although they have been watching a bit of T.V..... more on that in a minute.  I want to note that although Viva wasn't entirely sympathetic to Great-Grandma's knee, Bentley has been sweet.  Every night while she was in the hospital he would ask if we were going to get her soon "She shouldn't stay in that place all night!!".  And he is visionary.  I heard him telling the twins that with her new knee she's going to be able to run AND jump.  Tall orders, she needs to keep working... !


Back to the T.V.... I tried to convince them to watch Sesame Street a few times during the last couple weeks.  Sometimes they get up and turn the T.V. off after about 30 minutes.  Even if the show isn't over.  They tell me they've had enough, and they head downstairs.


Did I train them TOO well?!

No comments: