Friday, November 27, 2009

Our Grateful Lists

I tried sitting each of the kids down separately to ask them what they are particularly grateful for, this Thanksgiving season.  As you will see below I had limited success with some of my participants... :-)  To "kick it off", though, here is my top 4 list.

I am grateful for my beautiful family, our health, a warm home and good food to eat, and the knowledge that we are children of a God that loves us!

As for the kids?

With much prompting, Viva shared that she is grateful for:

My arm
My other arm
My elbow
Nobody
Somebody
My shirt
My pants
My shoes
Cupcakes
My butt

Hmmmmm. Okay! I moved on to Jake. He wasn't in the room when I was talking to Viva, but oddly enough he started out on the same tone she did:

My arms
My head
My tongue
My mouth
My ears
Bentley
Mommy
Opa
Grandma
Great-Grandma
Daddy
Viva
Turkeys
Dragons
My Backhoe Socks
My Jeans

I finished up with Bentley. He had no problem rattling off a list of things he's grateful for! I tried to hint for a place on this list, but he didn't take the hint. Maybe next year?!!!

Crayons
Paper
Airplanes
Helicopters
New cars
New monster trucks
Turkeys
Dinosaur stickers
Butterfly stickers
Cookie dough
Hot dogs
Macaroni noodles
Fire tucks
Ambulances
Beach balls
Viva’s princess movie
Train videos
Crazy frogs
Gummy bears

And there's our lists!

No comments: