Saturday, December 05, 2009

My Dancing Duo

Grandma, the kids and I watch * So You Think You Can Dance together. We found the show after asking a friend about favorite shows that their family watches. The show is a reality contest which consists mostly of couples dancing, and then contestants are voted off the show. It's taught us about all the different dance styles. There are some amazing dancers out there!

 So now I have a dream. The twins - couples dancing stars? Could it be? Although we've been watching for months, this week was our first break through moment. Viva & Jake spontaneously decided to dance for us! A couples dance!  They also included singing during their routine.  Because I'm sure you won't be able to "guess that tune", I'll take pity on you and just tell you what they're singing - "Once Upon A Dream" (from their favorite princess movie, of course!!).

I'll be the first to admit their routine needs some work and polish.  But they have time!



In their other practice sessions of the day, which unfortunately I don't have pictures of, Viva tried some lift moves with her partner. That showed confidence, on her part, in her brother. Alas... confidence not yet warranted. Jake went down every time she threw herself at him!

* I should note that the term "watch" is used loosely in reference to the twins. They run around like crazy people and stop once in a great while to stare at the T.V.

** We don't normally wear our pajamas all day!  But Bentley was sick - so we declared a pajama day.  That's legit, right?!

No comments: