Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Duty Done

I am officially no longer in charge. The Mom has returned home after six days of playing with three of her cousins in Hawaii. She got back at 5AM this morning.

This doesn't mean that I'm off duty. Toddlers seldom leave an indulgent grandmother alone. There's always some service she can provide them. However, I do not have to answer for their every need any longer.

The Dad returns with The Sister at midnight tonight. I wonder what tales of adventure we will hear from them?

As for the boys' adventures, we spent the last six days playing Wii, shopping at toy stores (mini-monster trucks, puzzles and more rainbow magformers magnets), reading books, watching Dr Who, and playing lots of games (usually Trouble). We had a nice, relaxed time with no major--or minor--problems. I'm not saying we had as grand a time as the travelers, but our turn will come.

No comments: