Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thankful Sunday


Sunday is a good day to count your blessings, don't you think?

I’m thankful for three healthy, wonderful, awesome, beautiful, noisy grandchildren.

I'm thankful that I am able to live with my spouse, daughter, son-in-law, three grandchildren, and mother all under one roof. I don't have to drive here, there, and everywhere trying to help out or just spend time with my loved ones. They are readily available.

I'm thankful it's finally spring in Alaska. (Although those two or three recent snow storms gave me serious doubts!)

I'm thankful for FLOWERS! None are blooming outside yet, but inside we have three hibiscus flowers on one plant in full bloom, a huge beautiful bouquet of cut flowers on the counter (courtesy of my spouse), two blooming African Violet plants, and a starting-to-bloom yellow kalanchoe.

I'm thankful for books. Books, books, books! There are so many wonderful books--educational books, silly books, gorgeously illustrated books, happy books. I am thankful I am literate and that a love of reading was encouraged in my home growing up. Everyone in our household loves books--including the three little ones.

Repeat!: I'm thankful for my three incredible grandchildren--their joy of life makes every day an adventure. I'm very blessed to have my days free to spend with them.

No comments: