Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Adventurer & Daddy Head to Vegas


Bentley and Matt are heading off on a grand adventure together tonight, they are going to check out the sights and a show in Las Vegas!  They get to stay at Grandpa Tim's place down there, which is nice.

Bentley is VERY excited.  Matt has been in Barrow this past week and Bentley has been chomping at the bit to pack for the past... month?!  I finally told him we could get started earlier this week.  He's had a list in his head, and was not willing to rest until everything was packed and in its place.  He has a new Star Wars backpack, which he wanted to pack with 40 lbs in weight.  We had to help him shift some of those treasures to Daddy's carry on.

Earlier this week Bentley was wearing a lovely brown fleece sweatshirt he's only worn once or twice.  This despite the fact that he picked it out at the store and Grandma purchased it just for him!  He came out of his room and said "Look, Grandma!  I'm wearing the shirt you bought me.  I am wearing four shirts I don't like this week so that all of the ones I do like are clean for me to pack".

Sweet, eh?  He's quite the thinker/planner.

Bentley tells me he doesn't love planes (the rides are too long!), but he is looking forward to the time with Daddy once they get there.  He told Matt that he's not allowed to do any work the entire time they are there (good luck with that one, little guy!).  He wants to go see shark reef and go see the acrobatic show "where the people stack up on each other"!.  I asked him if there is anything else he wants to do, and he said "of course, but I don't know what yet because I don't know what there is to do".

I'm sure they'll have a great time.  We'll miss him, but look forward to all the pictures he tells us he's going to take!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I have a question about your site, would you mind emailing me back @ kthomas@primroseschools.com?

Thanks,
Kathleen