Thursday, February 06, 2014

From the Children...

******* Jake ********

Earlier this week we went bowling with a friend and afterwards when we were upstairs at the cookie place a woman approached me to ask if all 5 of the children were mine.  I assured her that only four of them were indeed mine - and then Jake piped up that we had another 1 at home, and said "Isn't that COOL?!  This ONE person had FIVE kids!!!"

He's so cute.

The woman then asked him if he wants to have five kids of his own when he grows up.  His reply?  "Of course not!".  The woman: "Oh... ??

Jake: "I'll have 0 kids.  Maybe my wife will have 5 though!"

Love this kid and his literal nature!

******* Bentley ********

Bentley is loving his new quad scripture set that he received for his baptism.  He finds the topical guide and the index and the dictionary fascinating.  I've found him up after midnight reading his scriptures a few times this week - but how can I tell him to quit when the endeavor is so worthy?  :)

Earlier this week he was reading in Genesis and he says:

"Wow!  Did you know that the snake in the garden of Eden is actually Lucifer?"

Apparently he read about it in the topical guide.  Further proof of my theory that until you are interested in learning something yourself you won't actually internalize it.  And once you are interested in it?  Learning is pure delight!!

******* Viva *******

I was helping the kids clean up in their room last night.  It can turn into a bit of a sty in short order!  I said:

"Well, this will have to do.  It's still a bit of a mess but I can only do so much, ya know?"

Viva says:  "Right!  Because you're not an octopus!"

I guess the thinking is that if I had 8 arms I could get SO much more done.  It's an exhausting thought!

No comments: