Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Friend the Helper

Evan may be an imp, but he is also a brownie!  He loves to help and contribute in a meaningful way - and I'm constantly surprised at the the things that this 16 month old wants to do.  And CAN do - I guess having older siblings makes you more observant than the average toddler!

Evan runs to the stairs when he hears Great-Grandma coming and he helps her take off her leg brace when she makes it up:


(He's even willing to help her take it off on the way UP the stairs, before she even arrives - but perhaps we shouldn't dwell on that detail!)

He is also a big fan of helping out with the silverware when I unload the dishwasher.  I try to remember to save it for him!



Sometimes he hands it to me to put in the drawer, but if I'm not fast enough he takes matters into his own hands and puts the silverware away in the drawer!


I love watching him stand on his cute little tippy toes to reach.

Last but not least?  He's a fair hand at vacuuming.  He has great form when he holds the vacuum and he keeps it on the ground nicely!


We're lucky to have this sweet little man around!

No comments: