Friday, August 15, 2014

In The Wild: One Day!

Life with small children is exhausting.  I was glancing back through my (millions!!) of pictures, and noticed that a few days ago I must have been following the kids around, just snapping pictures non stop.  So, I present to you a typical day in the life of Lincoln, Evan, and Viva.   (Jake and Bentley were at karate camp this week, so not contributing to the wild times!)

Wander downstairs half dressed... head to breakfast, but then - wait!!! Some kind older sibling left an iPad out and Evan found it.  I didn't think it would be prudent to rip it out of his cute little hands without giving him a moment of fun.


Rage ensued when I did take the iPad.  Evan wandered towards the kitchen to drench himself in water while trying to drink from a cup.  First outfit change of the day occurred!

In a moment of inspiration I dragged the Mega Bloks upstairs!  Evan likes the Lego Duplos on occasion, but I thought that he might have more fun with the Mega Bloks.  I used to have three times as many.  Sadly I no longer do.


Seeing the Mega Bloks inspired Lincoln.


I convinced the kids to eat, and Grandma took them to the park.   They, of course, got wet again.  Here is Evan in his third shirt for the day after getting home:


He loves to sit in the middle of the castle and play.  Meanwhile, Viva decided to make brownie pops.


She shared!



And there you go.  A few short hours in paradise.   So much to do and so little time, right?!

No comments: