Monday, April 25, 2016

A Branded Home

My kids love Star Wars.  And that's okay with me.  It has a message about good and evil, a point to the plot, and is relatively clean fun.  I'm not a fan of letting kids watch the same movies 100 times until they can recite back the dialogue word for word in their sleep.  But, I will admit that we've watched the Star Wars movies more than few times.  It's part of our birthday night traditions - popcorn, the tent, and some Star Wars!  I'm hopeful that when they're grown they'll look back fondly and remember sibling bonding time over something they all enjoyed.

The kids have, of course, been quite excited about Episode 7 (The Force Awakens) that came out recently.  And the Star Wars marketing machine has cranked up to full speed churning out many treasures - we've focused on the clothing and music so far.  I hear the CD music daily from the speakers in the house.  The boys play it on the piano.  We've just picked up some trumpet and cello sheet music.  Fun times!

And, of course, all the kids can coordinate now.  :)  I love it!  A bit too much, perhaps.... 




No comments: