Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bentley's *favorite*...

I know that parents don't have favorite children. I'm not really sure that children should have favorite siblings either... but for the time being it appears that Bentley favors Genevieve. He showers her with kisses, hugs, and affection - I'm not sure if Genevieve is the lucky one to have all this attention or if Jackson is the lucky one because he is spared. When we suggest he sit with Jackson or kiss Jackson instead, he complies about half the time. The other half of the time he showers even more love on his sister!


Tonight we had a dinner guest over and we were working with Bentley on his pronouns. When we'd say where is "he" Bentley would point to Jackson. He wouldn't point to Genevieve when asked where "she" was though. I suggested that they ask him where "mine" was instead, as I occasionally catch him poking his sister and muttering "mine"... :-) Sure enough, when asked to identify "mine" he pointed to his sister and said "right here"!! Really - we all heard it!

Grandma suggests dressing Jackson in pink so we can see if it's simply a color preference on Bentley's part. I think it has more to do with the fact that Jackson makes a lot more noise - he's still the squeaky wheel of the household. I'm sure that when he learns to roll a ball he'll be a huge hit with his brother, but until then...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave wanted me to say that we should try that first date with Bentley again; now that he might not just try to push Millie off the couch!