Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Role reversal

The alternate title for this post was "The Wrath of Genevieve: Part 2" - but that seemed a little long! For the last week or two the twins have been behaving out of character. Although, I suppose it's hard to say that someone who is 17 weeks already has a character set in stone so perhaps they are just now revealing true character? :-) I'm hoping not, and reminding myself how frustrating it would be to be in their shoes trying to communicate with a slow witted adult! Jackson is becoming much better natured, maybe he's growing out of his stomach troubles and able to relax more? We still get some screaming episodes but not nearly as often. Here he is enjoying life:


Genevieve has taken it upon herself to fulfill the empty role of "troubled soul" in our household. I've been trying to convince her I was okay with having the post vacant, but so far she's sticking with her newfound hobby. Geneveive will play on her own, often for a long while, but lately when she gets angry she gets REALLY angry. She makes it clear she will not be consoled. She primes her vocal cords with one or two small coughs and then she lets loose. I'm hoping my eardrums survive this stage. Here she is exercising her lungs:

No comments: