Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Soon...


Bentley has quite the vocabulary these days and normally he has a great sense of words and uses them correctly. There is just one small exception to his normally great word usage. The word in question?

Soon.

Bentley loves the word soon. Every evening when it's getting to be bed time I hear: "Mommy, I'm going to go to bed soon!". Sometimes this is in reply to my announcement that the hour of sleep time is approaching but just as often he rushes in with this statement as a preemptive strike, of sorts, against being sent to his bed not on his own time frame.

What does soon mean? I think it's something like tomorrow. Always in the near distance, looming right over the horizon, but never quite able to be grasped. Soon. He repeats it over and over. "Soon, I'm going to bed soon but not quite yet"!

My mother conjectures he must have come up with this usage based on our responses of "I'll do that soon" to some of his requests. Hmmm... am I really that bad? I'm not sure.

To close this note out, let me note that soon I will be back with some vacation pictures. We're almost done digging out from some of the packing boxes around here!

Soon, we'll talk more soon.

1 comment:

Llama Wanderings said...

Understandable how long it is taking to move three households into one...but hurry up! I miss having updates! :D