Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Trip Preview

Kara and Matt and the awesome trio return from Idaho this evening. They are probably on the plane as you are reading this. (Well, that assumes you are reading this on the day I posted it and not a few days later!)

I thought I'd give you a little preview of how the trip went. Kara has been sending me emails from Idaho. (Roaming charges make using her cell phone prohibitive.) Here is some of what she wrote me.

VIVA
Day 2: Viva is being very nice (as we predicted).
Day 3: Viva had bacon and biscuits and gravy and eggs and hash browns and grapes and part of a muffin for breakfast.
Day 4: The relatives are very impressed with her ability to eat, eat, and eat more!
Day 4: We went to one hour of church. Viva had trouble handling even that. Mostly because she had no toys with her, I'm sure! She found another little troublemaker in the hall though and they sat next to each other and played with the troublemaker's mother's jewelry. She wore the pink dress today and it was a hit with all the relatives.
Day 6: This morning Viva wasn't being closely supervised and she grabbed a big hunk of butter off the butter dish with her fork. And she ate it! Yum yum. She must have liked it because she tried to go back for another hunk. Sheesh. I swear you're going to think she's a couple pounds heavier.

JAKE
Day 2: Jake is NOT being charming yet. He doesn't get more than about 12 inches from Matt or I without shrieking and he didn't take much of a nap today. That, combined with his lack of sleep last night, is not necessarily making him show his best side!
Day 3: Jake has warmed up some. First with the guys, but now he's being nice to everyone (mostly).
Day 4: Jake kept me up all night, he was really raspy and sounded like he could hardly breathe. Today he has a runny nose.
Day 5: Last night Jake spit up his milk all over my clothes and my skin and my shoes (uuuuuuck) because he didn't feel good. YUCK. Then he stayed up ALL NIGHT LONG screaming at the top of his lungs. Nothing made him happy. He looks quite tired today, but I find it hard to feel sorry for him since he made sure that NONE of us were able to sleep last night!

BENTLEY
Day 2: Bentley is [nice] on and off. I'm trying to convince him to be a LITTLE more polite about his picky eating habits. To politely decline food.
Day 3: Bentley had part of a muffin for breakfast. (See Viva Day 3.)
Day 5: Bentley has been very cute. He does a good job of saying sorry and thank you and (once in a great while) he throws in a please to wow me. The thank you(s) are nice but I am not sure about the sorry or where he got it from. If he's behind me and I trip he says sorry.
Day 5: Bentley picked up a few phrases from his cousin Dallin. "That's the deal, Mom." he'll say to me, as if we've already negotiated something, when we haven't!

The Trio
Day 4: Viva kept climbing OUT of her playpen and into Jake's playpen. Which made Jake really livid. And Bentley kept shrieking at them both to lay down and sleep RIGHT NOW!

Kara reported that the relatives spoiled the children. Good job Idahoans!

PS Hopefully Kara took some great photos that we can add to this post when she returns.

No comments: