Friday, May 08, 2009

Conversations with the Bentley

Kids say the cutest things.

Bentley in the entry way, with Viva helping him put on his shoes (the twins have mastered this skill which Bentley still has not!):
"Viva is being very sweet to me, Mommy!"

After building a big block structure:
“Mom, look at my tower! Do you like it? Opa will like it. Take a picture to send him. He will be so impressed!”

Bentley after a conversation about God and praying for what we need:
“Can I pray for Santa to come tomorrow?”

At the dinner table with a big plate of food:
"I’m going to eat all of this up, and then my tummy will giggle!”

In the car with Grandma:
"There’s no one on the school bus!"(says Grandma)
Bentley: "There is a driver on the school bus, but there’s no one RIDING on the school bus, Grandma!"

Coming into my room in the evening, trying to flatter his way into sleeping in his parents bed:
"Mom, you look lovely in that sleeper." :-)

After trying wheat berries, which I cleverly convinced him were just a new type of brown rice:
"I liked it and I didn't like it, at the same time." (very astute, Bentley - I felt the same way!)

And to end with, a long and thoughtful conversation.

It all started when I pulled out a new 48 piece floor puzzle that has a dinosaur scene on it.

"Mommy, what store did you get this new puzzle at?"
"I got it at a garage sale!"
"Where is garage sale?" (thinking it's a store)
"Well… when people have too much stuff, and they don’t want it anymore, they have a sale in their garage. And other people come buy their stuff to help recycle it!"
"And then when they get rid of their stuff they can go to the store and buy more?"
"Well… yes, I guess so."
"There’s a lot of stuff to buy at the stores, Mommy."
"You’re right."
"Mommy we have a lot of stuff in our house."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! Bentley is definitely a sharp one!