Friday, July 10, 2009

Belated Father's Day!

Yes, we did celebrate Father's Day this year. No, I'm not the world's most on top of it blogger. :-)

By the time we get home from 3 hours of 9 am church the kids aren't always willing to pose. But we did catch Viva with her Daddy!


We had Tim & Ty down for dinner. Matt picked the menu - spaghetti & apple pie. I was thinking I was on track (I made the spaghetti sauce the night before in the crock pot!), but then around 4:30 when I went to start on the pie I was reminded that you normally peel the apples in apple pie. 16 of them. And I am not the world's fastest peeler - it's just not one of my kitchen skills. :-) Luckily Great-Grandma helped peel and my Mom helped chop. It's great to have helpers!

Here is one of the pies. If you look closely you can see the little apple cut out on the top of it. Cute, yes? :-)


After dinner Bentley introduced Grandpa Tim to his favorite Wii games (including Kung Fu Panda, I believe). We had a fun evening enjoying all the dads in our lives and it was great to have so many of them with us - Uropa, Opa, Grandpa Tim, & Matt. We appreciate you guys!

1 comment:

Sam and Carmin said...

Beautiful pie, Kara! And Viva is gorgeous--as always--in the photo with Matt.