Monday, January 03, 2011

More Church "News"

It's the new year, which means the kids all move into new groups in church!

Jake has been our problem child in regards to Nursery.  He's just not a big fan of the place.  18 kids, all under 3... I admit I find it a bit scary myself!  I couldn't completely blame him for nerves about being left there.

Luckily for Jake (& Viva) they have now graduated to Sunbeams!  They are officially a part of Primary where all the 3 to 12 years go.  They did a stellar job with their new class today.  Viva ran down the hall on her own, being too cool to be accompanied by a parent.  Jake did need to be walked into the room, but then he agreed to stay with good grace.

At the end of church Jake asked me if the same people will be in Sunbeams every week.  When I answered yes, he informed me that he will be able to attend every week.

I'm happy to hear it.  :-)

Viva?  Viva had a great time.  She is enthusiastic and easy going!  She is quite enamored of the music leader in Primary.  I think she will have a blast with this new year!  There are 4 other little girls in the Sunbeams class and Jake is the only little boy.

Bentley has moved up to CTR-4, he is with the same group of kids he was with last year.  He still has a special place in his heart for a certain little girl with dark curls that he makes a point of sitting next to every week.  I was quizzing him after church, however, and he does know the names of all 8 kids in his class.  So maybe he pays more attention to them than he likes to let on?  For an almost 5 year old, he already acts a lot like a teenager who thinks it's not cool to show TOO much enthusiasm about anything!

No comments: