Wednesday, July 13, 2011

B's Lego Movie Drawing

Last week Matt rented the kids a Lego movie to watch. They love, love, loved it. They insisted that Opa and I watch it with them the second time they viewed it.

I didn't last the entire movie. I'm not a big fan of animated films. I just don't have that gene. Opa was a better sport. The gist of the movie is that there was a bad wizard trying to defeat the Prince and rule the land. He needed to get the sword out of the box that the troll was guarding. One of the Lego heroes was a fix-it guy who could repair anything with parts on hand. I think the Lego heroes' mission was to stop the bad wizard. Like I said, I didn't stick around long.

If you asked Bentley about the movie, he could give you the entire plot with lots of extra details. He was so ensnared by this movie, that he drew an elaborate drawing based on it.

Here's the drawing:


Here's what he told me was in the drawing:
* the bad wizard with the thing to zap people
* his magic ball
* his treasure chest of gold
* two funny skeletons eating popcorn (seriously!)
* the green guy (?!)
* the Prince and another guy getting captured
* the thing to put in the catapults (balls?!)
* the place where you launch them out of
* the lava around (it's everywhere in the movie)
* the troll
* he left the treasure chest with the magic sword in it at the door
* the club (belongs to the troll)
* the skeleton guy with his shield and knife
* the lock to lock the doors
* this (?) is to scare people away
* stairs to get downstairs (do they only go down and not up?!)
* stairs to get to where they load the catapult

The drawing is very elaborate and colorful. B is a much better artist than I am. Maybe he'd agree to give me lessons.

No comments: