Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Off to the Fair!

We made our annual trek to the State Fair this past weekend. This was Bentley's 5th annual trip, and Viva & Jake's 4th - I think we have a tradition here! We left Lincoln home to bond with his Grandparents and Great-Grandma, as we figured a day in the baby carrier wouldn't sound too fun to a 6 week old!

I had anticipated a 4-5 hour trip, but the kids were having a great time. We left a little before noon and didn't get home until a little after midnight. And the troops were great sports the whole time, wow!

We started out with the annual Lumberjack show. Then we had to head over to the rides (of course). The merry go round, the ferris wheel, the mini roller coaster... fun fun. Then we took in a Pirate show, and saw some farm animals/vegetables/flowers and tractors. Next up? The BMX bike stunt show. It was cut short due to rain on the ramps but nonetheless the boys were enthralled. The boys & Matt played some mini golf (yes, at the state fair). We wandered through the motor homes. We spent 2 hours watching Army bands perform LOUD music while our children danced like maniacs. We ate fair food, of course. I thought the fried cheese curds were delicious but no one else agreed. They favored the fried turkey legs and the funnel cakes and the kettle corn... :).

The evening ended with the fireworks and some flaming baton twirling.

It was a great time; but I'm glad it's only once a year. I'm exhausted just reliving it in my head!

Here's a picture of Matt & I at the Lumberjack show (I know... you're all looking for kid pictures! But this is my placeholder image, as the rest of the pics are on Matt's camera which is with him in D.C. right now):

No comments: