Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Tastiest Treats are the Forbidden


Since getting his first mouthful, Lincoln's obsession with cat food has grown.  I console myself that at least Rameses is an indoor cat and that surely limits germs to SOME degree, right?!

Everytime the mudroom door gets left open (and with 3 small children and 5 adults around that does happen on occasion!) Lincoln makes like a speeding bullet and zooms on in.  He knows he doesn't have time to mess around and heads straight for the tasty treats in the far corner of the room.

On this particular occasion I had just fed him.  Oatmeal and TONS of Cheerios.  Not even a full belly can deter him from this special treat.  

I love the kid, but I'm not willing to try the cat food myself and see why it's so appealing.  Is it salty?  I know it's crunch and hard!  I'll have to ask the cat.

We're thinking we need a) a cat door going out to the mudroom (but if the door's left open that still won't help!), or b) a bowl of cheerios next to the cat food.  Although I'm not convinced he'd pick the Cheerios.  Hopefully this is a phase that will pass quickly.  Cat food breath on a baby?  So not good!

No comments: