Friday, April 20, 2012

Misc. Photos

I'd love to show you an awesome assortment of photos from the past two weeks of the children doing what they do, but camera guy has been otherwise occupied. His Lego obsession is interfering with his photographer duties (as does his job--he's gone for hours most days!). I try to pick up the slack, but my digital camera skills are woeful. Seriously woeful. We have a new small digital camera that we bought for our trip to Florida. I hate it. It has face recognition and auto focus. Those sound like good features, but they aren't. The camera has a mind of its own, but it's not a very smart one. GRRR! My photos of the children often come out blurry. Either the children move too much (and the camera is sooooo slow) or the camera locks on something other than their faces because the sunlight streaming through the windows in the background confuses its tiny little semiconductor brain. Kara's iPhone photos are even worse than those of our little digital camera. She tells me it's because she never uses the flash.

Having given you my disclaimer, here are the photos. (I actually only took one of them. One is from Kara. The others, I think, are Mark's. He will take photos if I ask for them when he's around.)

Bentley and Matt going out to the symphony. They both said they enjoyed it.


Viva playing with a new craft kit. I think the product is called Bendaroos. It's waxed strings that you can shape into coils and lines and they stick together. Viva liked them. They were very cheap. I like cheap fun.


Jake doing what Jake does for hours every day--building with Legos. I wanted a picture of Jake piecing his 100 piece knight and dragon jigsaw puzzle. He put it together three times recently, but I didn't think to get a photo of him working on it.


Bentley doing Sudoku. He did four or more games this week. He hasn't been interested the past few months, but suddenly he decided to solve a few puzzles.


Mark and the children watching Lego Ninjago videos. They all enjoy this activity. Bentley, Jake and Viva ask every evening to watch one or two with opa. They recently built an awesome Lego Ninjago Temple. I'll post on that next.


Bentley reading a beginning reader book about Boba Fett to the twins. Mark and I purchased the book for Jake. I was planning on getting him to read it to me, but he outsmarted me and asked Bentley to read it to him. !!! I will get Jake to read it to me next week.


Why aren't there photos of Lincoln? He's been featured in a post or two lately, but still he ought to have more photos. He's very photogenic.

No comments: