Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Puzzle Piece Imp

Kara and the trio go to a homeschool coop group on Fridays for three to four hours. I stay home with the two little ones. Last Friday Lincoln and I were getting ready to do a puzzle together when I remembered that I had laundry to change from the washer to the dryer. I went upstairs and changed out the laundry, but then I got distracted and didn't go straight back downstairs. Lincoln came upstairs to find me and eventually we made it back downstairs. 

When we sat down at the table to do the puzzle, I discovered that some pieces were missing. We found one on the floor and another mixed in with great-grandma's newspaper, but we could not find the last missing piece. I looked and looked. I asked Lincoln if he knew where it was. I looked some more, even going upstairs. I asked Lincoln again where he put it. I checked his pockets. 

After spending far too much time on this mystery, I had to concede defeat. Kara and the trio came home. It was time to take Viva to dance. I volunteered to take her because I had some errands to run. On the way out of the house, I told Jake that if he located the missing puzzle piece, I'd pay him $4. (I hate it when games, puzzles or sock pairs are incomplete!)

It wasn't even ten minutes later that Kara called me on my cell phone to tell me that Jake and Bentley had found the missing piece. Jake asked Lincoln where it was and Lincoln took Bentley upstairs to my bedroom and showed him right where it was--on the bookshelf next to the trains. 


Why didn't he show me where it was when I asked? He's an imp!

No comments: