Friday, October 16, 2009

Viva Trivia


Genevieve.  Where to start?

She's quite articulate.  She has many great expressions, and loves to start conversations.  I'm never quite sure what she's going to say next!   She is very good with her thank yous (so are her siblings, come to think of it!) and I hope please is a natural soon too.

Viva can be a destroyer.  She is always the one with food on the floor.  The one who accidentally maims the books.  The one who starts tearing at the finish on the play table... you get the picture!  She likes to use her hands, she's a tactile learner, and she's not afraid of a mess (unlike her brothers).

This little girl is a princess.  I believe I've mentioned this before - she is very into Sleeping Beauty right now, and likes to let us know that she's a princess.  She even requests dresses and pretty hair bows sometimes - occurrences which warm my heart, of course, as I'm hoping I don't have a 100% tomboy on my hands!

Genevieve loves to draw.  She's still more of an abstract artist than anything, but crayons are a favorite.  I'm sure she'd love paint and markers too, but due to the above trivia (ie. she's not afraid of a mess) she doesn't see as much of those supplies as she'd probably like to.

Her favorite book?  Disney Princesses, of course.  Purchased by her father!  She is a good sport about most books though, and gives me MUCH more variety in her night time book selection than her brothers do.

Like Jake, she can count to ten.  Unlike Jake, she needs a BIT more coaxing.  I lay out the M&Ms on the table and if she counts them she gets to eat them.  Works like a charm... !  If you ask her how old she is she's likely to tell you 5, 8, or some other ridiculous number!  She knows it too.  If you ask her again, she will reluctantly come back with the right answer - 2!

Viva is my shopping buddy.  She's always up for a quick trip to the store with me, and behaves quite well on our excursions.

She's my little blondie.  She's also my high pitched shrieker - a new addition to her voice tool box that I'm hoping she decides to graduate from.  Soon!

She's not always (understatment) a great listener.  She has a bit of a defiant streak, and always waits until the LAST possible moment before obeying.  I'm sure this trait will serve her well with something, someday... but for now?  It makes her a bit frustrating to deal with sometimes!

But, to make up for it, she can be very sweet.  She likes to share, and she is normally willing to help her brothers when they ask her.  She gives her Dad back rubs, and she often shares kisses.  She's good with names and loves to play with other little kids.  That is... as long as they don't get too close to her favorite toys!

No comments: