Thursday, February 25, 2010

Painting Fun


Gorgeous, isn't it?  Viva likes the layered approach to paint!  My father and I recently discovered, courtesy of Matt, that the scanner will do color scans - not just black and white.  Brilliant!  Who knew?!

We've been doing lots of painting lately.  Having 3 children close in age is fun for many reasons, but one specific reason is the fun of watching their completely different approaches to the same project.  They all enjoy painting.  And once I had the brilliant idea to buy them some washable paints, and not just the acrylics I'd been letting them use, I'm enjoying letting them paint too!

Viva likes color, and lots of it.  When you give her stamps sometimes she uses them right and sometimes she uses the back of the stamp (see the big swatches of purple on the page!).  Sometimes she uses the paint brush and sometimes she uses her finger.  She will labor for a LONG time on her masterpieces.

Bentley likes a little more order.  And he doesn't like a mess.  He has to stop, while painting, to clean up his hands if they accidentally touch the paint.  His paintings don't end up quite as busy or cluttered as Viva, but they are still full of color.  

Jake?  Well... I was surprised at how much he enjoys painting.  With that said, he's still always the one that is done with the activity first!  If you give him a stamp he'll do 20 of the same shape.  All in mostly nice rows.  I think he appreciates order.  And simplicity on the page.  And, like Bentley, he does not like to get paint on his hands.  No finger painting for this kid!

Now that I know how to use the scanner, I'm sure more pictures will be coming!


No comments: