Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Happy (belated) Birthday, Grandma!

I'm a bit slow, but as briefly noted by my Mother she had a birthday about 10 days ago! We had a fun day together, and were able to share the evening with Ruth & Sean who were still visiting. Poor Grandma had to help me with her cakes and decorations, but some years are like that - right?! In exchange she has an awfully cute new grandkid so I figure it all evens out. :-)

We had angel food cake and a flourless chocolate cake. It was quite good. I can say that, because that's the one I had her working on creating.

Happy (belated) birthday, Mom! I found a lovely quote that sums up how I feel on the great big world wide web the other day:

"The only thing better than having you for a Mom is my children having you for a Grandma."

We are lucky to have so much great time with Grandma Julia!

No comments: