Friday, October 20, 2017

Pillowcases

Lincoln asked me one day if he could make a pillowcase. Then a week later the Relief Society at church announced they were doing a pillowcase drive. This was great for our family because Bentley needed some service hours for a scout rank and Jake needed service hours for a church thing. It is hard to find service activities for children this age. Most community organizations that need service want kids to be 12 or even 16 years old.

Since Lincoln had asked me, I helped him make one first.



Then Bentley and Jake worked with me for a couple of hours:





Before I finished the project I recruited Viva, too, because she also needed service hours for a church thing.


I was overambitious and I cut out sixteen pillowcases, so after the kids helped me, I still had a few to sew on my own. The pillowcases are going to the local children's hospital.

No comments: