Monday, May 05, 2008

Twin Parenting at Its Finest

There are definitely differences in parenting a singleton baby versus twins. Behavior that's unacceptable with one baby moves into the grey zone with two. Bottle propping? Something most parents avoid, but sometimes happens with two kidlets. Acceptable methods for picking up babies... opinions on if it's humane (and how soon) to let babies "cry it out". All topics where you find that having 2 at once influences how things are done!

I have, however, reached a new *low* in my twin parenting. Check it out:


My children, enjoying a snack straight from the floor. When they start to get restless and follow me around while I'm trying to finish a quick chore - I've found the golden solution! Getting them all strapped in and pushed up at the table takes too long sometimes and so I've taken to tossing a handful of cheerios on the kitchen floor for them. They dig in, silence reigns, and at least 10 minutes of peace is known in the land... :-)

I know that I should probably not admit I let my children eat off the floor (I have tried giving them a plate or bowl and they just dump the contents right out!). Just take this as evidence of the fact that twin parenting is getting to me - I feel no shame about the floor feedings.

*** In my defense, I do use my steam mop to sanitize this floor a couple times a week!

No comments: