Thursday, May 15, 2008

Will Walk for Chocolate...

One of my new favorite pass times is encouraging the twins to walk. First it was crawling, but that just isn't good enough! Now I want to see them move even faster, chasing each other and wreaking havoc while standing on 2 little feet - I must be crazy? :-)


Genevieve and Jackson are both excellent at standing with no support, and cruising all over while holding on to different objects, but - Genevieve is currently winning the *race* towards walking. Technically she's already won, as we've coaxed 3 steps out of her on multiple occasions during the past few days. They're baby steps (even for a baby!) though, so I'm waiting for something a bit bigger before declaring a winner.

As the post title indicates we have a potent weapon for encouraging these steps - chocolate! Not just any chocolate, of course. This is Swiss chocolate. What baby wouldn't want to walk towards some good Swiss chocolate - right? Perhaps there are some of you wondering if 10 month old babies need chocolate. I ran into a few individuals of that opinion earlier today. The twins and I are taking a baby sign language class with Amrita, Patrick, and Cassidy (more on that to come!), and today was the food signs day. I was disturbed to find no sign for chocolate on the hand out sheet. There was everything from bread and pears to onions, but NO CHOCOLATE!

Can you believe that? Chocolate is a food group and I think it was a big oversight on their part to forget it on the list. So I asked what the sign would be, and the instructor had to go pull out a book to figure it out for me. I got a few looks though from the other parents in the room... I take it that means they have deprived children? :-)

1 comment:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Wow! Walking at 10 months?!? I guess I should have tried chocolate with Finn and Reid! Swiss chocolate IS the best!

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you...I unpacked the Ergo (finally!)...so, if you're still interested in trying it out, just let me know.

10 months old already??? It seems like just yesterday you were coming over to gather some preemie clothes!