Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ornaments Part 4: Snowmen Snowflakes


Okay, I didn't realize it before, but I definitely have a snowflake ornament theme going on this year. Fortunately the end products all look so different, you'd never notice they are all snowflakes.

This was another Oriental Trading Company kit. All the supplies came in a little bag and the kids put them together using glue dots (not supplied in the kit, but they should be!). Viva and Bentley were eager to make one and Jake refused. Sometimes he wants to do a craft with us and other times he refuses. That's okay; I have two willing partners.

I was surprised how easily Bentley could follow the drawing showing how to put the snowman's face and hat together. He explained it to Viva without any help from me. He eschewed the silver sequins provided in the kit. It's cool that he likes individualizing his crafts. Viva individualized hers, too, but I don't know that she did it on purpose. After I punched the nose out for her, she put the waste foam back on the nose, so he has a rectangular blob of a nose rather than a carrot shaped nose.

No comments: