Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Trimming the Tree





I love Christmas. I like to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I prefer real trees, but since moving in with Kara and Matt I have acceded to using their fake tree as the household's Christmas tree. Someday I'm going to put up a second (real!) tree--maybe even a third.

Anyway, I finally have some excited assistants to help with trimming the tree. Bentley, Viva, and Jake were thrilled to see the tree put together. They really liked putting on ornaments. We put some on the day after the tree went up and then more the next day and more the day after. I think we spread the ornaments out over four days. We still have lots more ornaments, but the kitty is a menace so I'm not putting out many glass ornaments this year.

Next year I'm going to put the tree up November 1st. I have no doubt I can get the necessary votes to do so now that Jake, Viva, and Bentley are on my team. !!!

No comments: