Saturday, November 03, 2012

Lego Post #113

It's hard to come up with a blog post title especially when I'm posting about a favorite activity yet again. Why do I post so often about Legos? It's because it's what the children like to do. It's what their father enjoys. It's what their opa enjoys. I don't so much enjoy building with Legos as I enjoy taking them apart and sorting all the little pieces and putting them away in organized bins and drawers. I find such activity very relaxing.

Anyway, back to the reason for this 113th post on Legos. (I made that number up.) Last month in addition to building all the Lego Monster Fighter sets for Halloween, the children worked on building castles with their father. He built this castle:


It is an original design with input from Bentley, Jake, and Viva. While their dad worked on his castle, the children built castles of their own.

Bentley's Castle

Jake's Castle 

Viva's Castle 
(She told me it was a T-rex castle. Huh?) 

And, because building Legos creates a thirst for more Lego building, opa broke into his stash of new Lego sets and gave the children each a set.




We told the boys they had to share their two Star Wars sets and Viva got a new Friends set. Jake and Bentley played quite a bit with their ships after they built them. Viva stored the treehouse she constructed next to Olivia's House and told me that after Mexico she wanted to set up all her Friends sets. That's a good idea, but where is there space to set them all out at once? The Lego table is full.

Then opa purchased online two Lego architecture sets. He could not resist a good sale. He built them with Jake and Bentley's help. I thought my Vampyre Castle and Haunted House were more impressive buildings, but opa really liked his two buildings. Lego markets to a wide range of tastes.

No comments: