Monday, November 18, 2013

Lincoln's Favorite Phrases

My two year old can say quite a few different things, but he has some expressions that are definitely favorites!  The all time favorite?

"I NEED YOU MOMMY I NEED YOU MOMMY I NEED YOU MOMMY!"


It's endearing, yes.  For the first ten times it's uttered in a go round, at least!  Who doesn't want to feel needed, right?  But I will admit... being the adored and utterly needed favorite isn't always the great perk it sounds to be!

At night time my little friend cries after story time when I try to leave him.  He grabs my arm with BOTH HANDS!  Last night I thought I was just about free, as his eyes were closed and he looked about asleep.  Then I realized he was quietly chanting (Whimpering?!  Muttering?!  Not sure what the right word is!) under his breathe - "Don't leave me, Mommy.  Don't leave me, Mommy.").  Pathetic, right?!

In his defense, and mine, he has been sick.  So I've created this bed time monster, I will admit.  Now how to uncreate it?!

*******

Lincoln has another favorite expression.  When he's sitting at the table, for example, playing with Great-Grandma he will say "I'll be right back", before he runs off to do whatever it is that he urgently needs to do.  I *hear* children get their phrases from those around them.  Apparently I'm guilty of disappearing with the intent to be "right back" on a more regular basis than I knew!

No comments: