Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Table Climber


Evan thinks that the top of the table is the place for him.  It's a little worrisome, but not terribly so when he's simply laying or sitting on the table.  I can't blame him.  He's right.  There are LOTS of cool things on the table, that he can't reach when he's not there.  

But?

(With Evan, there is often a but!!!)

He isn't content to simply lay on my table or sit nicely on it.  He likes to dance on it.  And I'm afraid he's going to dance (or run) right off the edge!  I take him off and he climbs back up.  He can do that particular trick 10 times without getting bored.  I redirect him to another activity.  He comes back.  He's relentless!

My Mom says I was a table climber.  Apparently my parents put all the chairs on the table for a few months until I was over that stage.  I think we have a few too many chairs for that to work around here!  Maybe I should announce to the household that it will be standing only meals for the next few months? Hmmm.....

I suppose I'm lucky I haven't had any table top climbers before this one!

No comments: