Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Bentley on Barrow


After interviewing Bentley on his Las Vegas trip, he volunteered (!!) to give me an interview on his trip to Barrow last month with his father! Here is what he told me:

It was cold.

I didn't get to see a polar bear. I saw a stuffed one. It was a dead one in the museum we went to. We looked at an exhibit of migrating birds. (B took 20 or so photos in the museum. I asked him to pick out his favorite three to include with this post.)




We saw the ocean every day.

We went out to eat with the missionaries.

We didn't get to see a snowy owl. I wanted to. The missionaries had seen a lot of them.

We did see two mammoth tusks and one mastodon tusk and a ram's head or a buffalo. I don't know. It was a skull with huge horns coming out of it. Or a cow with horns. A horned cow. 

On one of the days all the sea salt or spray froze looking like a fog spraying over the ocean. It was really sea spray frozen in the air. It was below freezing.

I had to stay in daddy's office all day and read my books and do work for him.

I went to the library on Saturday for crafter noon. You craft things out of paper. What we were making was spiders because it was almost Halloween. Do you know why one of the librarians said I had the best one? Because I was the only one who had ever seen a spider. Insects don't live there, just flies and mosquitoes. [I'm just reporting what he said. Opa googled spiders and only a few live in Barrow. B speculates they would come in in luggage.]

No comments: